Ongoing Aspen Grove COVID-19 Precautions
Lower disease prevalence of COVID-19 and increased availability of vaccines in our community continue to be encouraging. As a BYU entity, Aspen Grove strongly urges guests and staff to be fully vaccinated before arriving at camp. As a result of recent developments, BYU will implement the following changes to its COVID-19 safety protocols beginning immediately:
Guests and staff who have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days prior to their Aspen Grove event may not attend.
Guests diagnosed with COVID-19 or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 may not attend.
By participating at Aspen Grove events, guests commit that they and any members of their family or group who are also scheduled to attend have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 via a PCR test within the past 14 days (counting from the test date). Guests also commit that they and those in their family or group also scheduled to attend have not experienced onset of any primary COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days.
Check-in Screenings, Face Coverings
- Before you checkin, guests and staff will use BYU's quick three-question visitor screening. You can preview the screening here.
- Employees and visitors should bring and their own face masks to Aspen Grove.
- Masks are encouraged for those who are not vaccinated when physical distancing is not maintained. Also, individuals may choose to wear a mask in any setting.
- Masks are not necessary while swimming, or socially distanced greater than 6 feet apart between households in an outdoor activity.
- Frequent handwashing for durations longer than 20 seconds especially prior to meals or snacks in the dining hall, store, or lodging units.
Aspen Grove will use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
Aspen Grove has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk
, and store, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms, and program areas and the associated equipment at the rifle range, ropes course, swimming pool, arts and crafts, childcare areas, and sport areas (racquetball, tennis, badminton, etc.)
Back of the House
In spaces where staff work and live “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff housing, kitchens, offices, and common areas.
Dining and Recreational Programs
Aspen Grove is following CDC guidelines for dining services and recreational programs. Aspen Grove is also accredited with the American Camp Association and follows accreditation standards for health and safety.